Accounts Payable Clerk
July 15, 2021
Responsible for processing accounts payable invoices, processing and rebilling transportation, and other costs, bi-weekly cheque runs.
1. Matching and verifying A/P invoices, CSR Purchase orders to CSR receivers, coding, and entering landed costs on all inventory items.
2. Enter in A/P computer system – costing of inventory items, and other supplier data such as set up new vendors, maintain and make changes to current vendors, such as due dates, and terms.
3. Process transportation, and custom duties and other costs for re-billing to customers and ensure that the AR department has the information for invoicing.
4. Connect packing slips to receiving reports and maintains in alphabetical files until vendor invoices received and then put in for payment. Also distribute customer owned receivers to appropriate departments.
5. Liaises with other departments, verifying and co-ordinating all customer brokerage invoices and related customer charge backs, as well as the resolution of brokerage invoice problems.
6. Liaises with other departments, ensuring communication and the resolution of invoice problems.
7. Liaises with suppliers to resolve accounts payable and credit problems.
8. Weekly Canadian and US cheque runs, match cheques, attach backup and file and rush cheques that are needed between regular cheque runs.
9. Print Weekly cheque register and cheques.
10. Process and maintain employee expense payments and files.
11. Remits Government related payments and maintains files.
12. Prepares and enters Journal Entries for Accounts Payable at month end.
13. Before month end Landed Cost, reconciliation posting.
14. Opens mail and distributes to appropriate departments in the absence of Front Desk
15. Daily processing of outgoing mail.
Education: Post-Secondary education in accounting
Experience: 3-5 years work in general accounting environment
- Computer experience with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and MFGPRO Payables Software.
- Attention to Detail
- High degree of accuracy
- Time Management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity, then we welcome your application. CSR provides a dynamic work environment with opportunity for growth. If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.