Buyer/Purchasing – Industry Experience Req’d
July 15, 2021
The Buyer is responsible for the sourcing, pricing and purchasing of materials; ensuring cost-effective pricing and on-time arrival to meet organizational objectives while minimizing inventory exposure.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaises with suppliers to obtain price quotes, lead times and material availability.
- Proactively pursue savings initiatives within assigned buying responsibility
- Manage daily MRO purchasing related activities such as RFQs, purchase orders and lead-time inquiries.
- Identify fragmented purchases and consolidate where possible to drive quality, cost savings and standardization in all areas.
- Negotiate cost savings with vendors by obtaining competitive pricing on materials.
- Create and maintain Material Purchase Orders from entry to completion.
- Expedite material deliveries by the required due date.
- Communicate any critical change in pricing and delivery to Puirchasing Manager.
- Maintain Item Master files for Purchased items in a timely manner.
- Maintain updated Vendor files; inform accounting of any changes in address and/or payment terms.
- Maintain updated individual files for all quote requests; including but not limited to: Vendor price quotes, lead times, pack size, preferred and alternate vendors etc.
- Calculate Landed Costs for purchased items and update the standard in MFG-PRO.
- Source packaging and raw materials for new business as required.
- Support implementation of ERP and other new relevant software
- Other duties as required
- Post-Secondary education with background in Chemistry, Business or Administration
- PMAC Certificate – or working towards certification preferred
- APICS training (MRP) preferred
- Min. 3 years in a Cosmetics, CPG or Pharma industry purchasing role
- Strong Negotiation and Communication skills
- Solid understanding of procurement process
- MRP/ERP Experience
- Microsoft Office (advanced competency)
- Good analytical/mathematical skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity, then we welcome your application. CSR provides a dynamic work environment with opportunity for growth. If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.