Compounder (Manufacturing Batcher/Mixer) – Afternoon Shift
October 12, 2021
**This is not a lab position***
To make all assigned batches to meet laboratory standards and customer approvals in a safe manner following GMP procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews product formula sheets and secures ingredients from the warehouse.
- Weighs all raw materials necessary to manufacture a batch. Must be able to accurately measure all raw materials necessary to manufacture the batch using a variety of measure equipment, e.g. scales, graduates, etc.
- Compounds batch in accordance with formula provided
- Takes samples to the laboratory for approval.
- Delivers the finished batches to the floor for assembly requirements.
- Completes formula cards
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment. Must be able to follow exact GMP cleaning and sanitation procedures on all manufacturing equipment and work areas.
- Maintains a tank log book, with information such as products produced, code numbers, when used and when sanitized.
- Properly fills out, records maintains all usage logs regarding equipment use.
- Completes all documentation pertaining to yields, weights, sanitation and other GMP’s.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment as required. Must be able to follow GMP cleaning and sanitation procedures on all manufacturing equipment and work areas. Removes empty barrels to appropriate disposal location. Cleans and sanitizes floors and equipment such as manufacturing and holding tanks
- Maintains a safe, clean and sanitized work station.
- Prepares the compounding area for the shift, setting up pumps and other equipment.
- Completes compounding jobs in process and pumps product to the holding tanks.
- Compounds product for internal use in accordance with formulae provided by the supervisor.
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Standards and follows plant policies and procedures.
- Works in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations.
- Uses or wears the equipment, protective devices or clothing that is required by the Supervisor or SDS to be used or worn
- Minimum of one year of compounding experience
- Minimum one year Shade Matching or equivalent experience/ability.
- Must complete testing for Colour Blindness tendencies.
- Ability to lift heavy objects multiple times daily
- Attention to Detail/Follow instruction
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Competent in Mathematics
- Available for Overtime.
- Minimum Grade 12; Post-Secondary Preferred
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.