Industrial Maintenance Mechanic/Electrcian (10hr Aft shift)
February 23, 2021
We are currently seeking a Industrial Mechanic with experience in manufacturing industry to join our growing afternoon team.
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic maintains production and quality by ensuring efficient operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Order, repairs and replaces mechanical components as required.
- Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Align machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Connect power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
- Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- Assemble and install equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts, using hand tools and measuring instruments, to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
- Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit, using hand tools and power tools.
- Assemble machines, and bolt, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Lay out mounting holes, using measuring instruments, and drill holes with power drill.
- Bolt parts, such as side and deck plates, jaw plates, and journals, to basic assembly unit
- Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Shrink-fit bushings, sleeves, rings, liners, gears, and wheels to specified items, using portable gas heating equipment.
- Dismantle machinery and equipment for shipment to installation site, usually performing installation and maintenance work as part of team.
- Operate lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Operate mill to make parts to dimensional specifications
- Troubleshooting electro-mechanical production equipment to ensure production
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the company’s heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment, production equipment, material handling equipment and building infrastructure.
- Inspection, maintenance and repair of belts, chains, small motors and gearboxes, conveyors, pneumatic and hydraulic valves and cylinders.
- Maintain all documentation including maintenance logbook.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Run tests on electrical components to ensure a safe and effective installation
- Inspect electrical systems and equipment for any damage, malfunctions, and safety hazards
- Assist contractor personnel as required.
- Answer all calls for service and perform other duties as assigned and required.
- Work in a safe, hygienic manner at all times following established safety, health, sanitation and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in a manufacturing environment
- Direct experience troubleshooting packaging, production and material handling equipment.
- Building maintenance experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work at heights and on platforms or ladders.
- Flexibility to work over-time on short-notice or weekends on an occasional basis
- Licensed Industrial Millwright or Electrician or in good standing (Red Seal preferred)
- PLC Ticket/Certification or a minimum 3 years PLC experience preferred
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity, then we welcome your application. CSR provides a dynamic work environment with opportunity for growth.
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.