Maintenance Lead – Dayshift
September 7, 2021
The Maintenance Lead will oversee the day to day plant maintenance activities including all associated technical issues. Provide support and guidance to the maintenance team including hands-on equipment and facility repair, preventative maintenance and associated processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and mentor on-site maintenance staff.
- Lead and monitor preventative maintenance program on all equipment
- Oversee preventative maintenance program, inspection routines and job scheduling
- Provide support to production to minimize line downtime
- Monitor and support work orders.
- Support new equipment installation and set-up processes.
- Ensure maintenance work assignments are complete within the required timeframes.
- Recommend and support Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Respond in a timely manner to urgent machine breakdown situations.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues
- Train and mentor new maintenance team staff
- Maintain efficient and timely maintenance activity
- Build and foster positive, effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Ensure all safety and GMP policies are being adhered to at all times.
Education: Completion of Post-Secondary Education in a recognized relevant trade
License/Certifications: Red Seal Skilled Trade preferably (433A Millwright)
Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years Lead experience in Manufacturing Industry preferably CPG
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills required.
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy needed to work with software packages such as Microsoft office
- Team building skills to lead maintenance team and drive results
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.