Material Handler/Forklift Operator – Afternoon
June 2, 2021
This position is responsible for the unloading and loading of both internal and external goods using a forklift; completion of all administrative processes and reporting as required. Works with internal and external partners to ensure efficiency and accuracy with all shipping/receiving requirements. Ensures that the correct product is picked and shipped as well as incoming shipments are verified and rotated into stock.
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products.
- Collaborates and communicates with Customer Service Representatives and Carriers involved in the shipment and receipt of goods.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of outgoing shipments.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and organized area.
- Promptly loads trucks and deliveries.
- Maintains an accurate scanning of outbound inventory and counting accurately.
- Engages with Customer Service and Carriers with a positive attitude.
- Coordinates with Supervisor to identify additional backup support for shipping.
- Operates equipment in operation at a safe manner
- Setup appointments with customer portals
- Sending end of day reports to Supervisor for daily shipping plan
- Report any missed pick-ups, or discrepancies on outbound shipments.
- Diligently follow all safety and GMP protocols
- Completion of Secondary School
- Valid Forklift Certification
- Experience in Warehouse/Manufacturing environment
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in staging and loading shipments; scanning and sorting outgoing stock; pulling, packing, and loading
- Desire to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and slide objects that weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Strong understanding of logistics
- Safety and quality focused
- Proficient computer skills required (Outlook Excel, MS Word Microsoft Teams)
- Able to work independently or with a team
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions.
- Positive attitude, attention to detail, and good time management skill
- Ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.