Material Handler/Forklift Operator – Days
September 7, 2021
This position maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finished product; unloads and verifies shipment accuracy of Customer and CSR owned materials immediately upon arrival of product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with off-loading trucks.
- Assists with off-loading components/materials from trucks.
- Assists receiver with checking load against packing slip to verify correct weights, quantities and code numbers.
- Applies issued tag numbers to pallets when items are received as requested
- Moves packaging from receiving area to warehouse locations
- Accurately and promptly maintains locator system when moving materials.
- Supplies samples for departments in a timely manner.
- Completes Customer and internal inventories as requested
- Promptly feeds production departments with packaging components as required.
- Assists co-workers throughout the plant as required by Supervisor.
- Maintains all areas in a clean and safe manner in compliance with GMP, SOPs, Safety Standards
- Follows and supports company procedures and policies established by management.
- Promptly advises Supervisor of any concerns or issues impacting efficiency
Education: Grade 12 or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum 3 years
- Valid Forklift license (Counter Balance, Reach Truck)
- BT Runner experience an asset
- WHMIS education
- Transportation of dangerous goods (certificate)
- Basic math competency
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Basic computer skills
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.