Material Handler/Forklift Operator – Days
September 29, 2020
Monday – Thursday *10hr day shift*
This position maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finished product; unloads and verifies shipment accuracy of Customer and CSR owned materials immediately upon arrival of product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with off-loading trucks.
- Assists with off-loading components/materials from trucks.
- Assists receiver with checking load against packing slip to verify correct weights, quantities and code numbers.
- Applies issued tag numbers to pallets when items are received as requested
- Moves packaging from receiving area to warehouse locations
- Accurately and promptly maintains locator system when moving materials.
- Supplies samples for departments in a timely manner.
- Completes Customer and internal inventories as requested
- Promptly feeds production departments with packaging components as required.
- Assists co-workers throughout the plant as required by Supervisor.
- Maintains all areas in a clean and safe manner in compliance with GMP, SOPs, Safety Standards
- Follows and supports company procedures and policies established by management.
- Promptly advises Supervisor of any concerns or issues impacting efficiency
Education: Grade 12 or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum 3 years
- Valid Forklift license (Counter Balance, Reach Truck)
- BT Runner experience an asset
- WHMIS education
- Transportation of dangerous goods (certificate)
- Basic math competency
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Basic computer skills
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.