Production Line Team Lead – Manufacturing (10hr aft shift)
December 3, 2020
We are currently seeking a Production Team Lead with experience manufacturing to help lead our afternoon shift!
Provide leadership to Assembly personnel to ensure safety, quality and efficiency. Directs and co-ordinates daily activities and personnel involved in performing operations on assigned lines across designated departments; uses judgment within the framework of established policies and objectives in decisions that influence operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manpower scheduling and job allocation according to policy.
- Monitors work flow for safety and GMP procedure compliance; ensures all company and legislative policies and procedures are enforced.
- Monitor the line for any safety issues (i.e. Ergonomics, guarding etc.); respond promptly to any safety concerns. Complete incident investigation report.
- Completes weekly safety inspections, participates in JHSC inspections and signs reports
- Communicate job expectations to Assemblers and enforce systems, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for job rotation and reallocations a minimum of every quarter.
- Resolves personnel concerns by, investigating issues, analyzing data, recommending solutions and a subsequent action plan.
- Manage personnel inquiries, provides recommendations and participates in performance management including progressive discipline when required.
- Starts shift 30 minutes prior to regular shift start to ensure all components and materials are on the line and ready for start-up.
- Read back page of assembly specifications, ensure all instructions are clear. Ensure the codes are on the approval paperwork.
- Resolve any issues or discrepancies regarding equipment, bulk and packaging material
- Supervise production activities and reports any concerns to Plant Manager regarding Safety, GMP, Rate over Cost, Quality, employee performance, scheduling issues, equipment issues.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process and identifying bottlenecks
- Ensure Labour Tracker is complete with line personnel assigned to the correct work order.
- Coordinates replacement operator at workstation if required at any time.
- Job completion duties such as paperwork, output counts, waste counts, assign line clean- up/GMP duties. Return complete paperwork to production clerk
- End of run summary – throughput, efficiency, activity, concerns, issues, successes.
- Report and track daily production, recommend process improvements
- Line hand-off duties and communication with the next shift.
- Participate in development of line rates and identify requirement for rate reviews.
- Assists maintaining a clean and orderly department and assists with maintaining all areas
- Complete all pre-start paperwork and confirm all components and bulk are correct.
- Regular quality checks to ensure the quality of work on the line at each control point is meeting standards, and enforce organization standards
- Responsible for confirming all line paperwork is accurate and complete.
- Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
- Minimum Grade 12 Required
- Previous formal Health & Safety Training
- Knowledge of basic line layouts and general operations.
- Ability to understand of order specifications
- Excellent Communication Skills – written and oral
- Leadership and Coaching Skills
- Demonstrate Process Improvement
- Previous Supervisory Experience required
- Computer knowledge
- Able to lift 50lbs
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.