July 15, 2021
Production Manager position involves managing Line Supervisors to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency. Directs and co-ordinates daily activities and personnel involved in performing operations on assigned lines across designated departments; uses judgment within the framework of established policies and objectives in decisions that influence operations. Promote cross-functional department alignment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to Line Supervisors
2. Oversee manpower scheduling and job allocation according to policy.
3. Monitors workflow for safety and GMP procedure compliance; ensures all company and legislative policies and procedures are enforced.
4. Communicate job expectations to Supervisors and enforce systems, policies and procedures.
5. Responsible to ensure job rotation and reallocations are being maintained.
6. Partner with HR to resolve personnel concerns by investigating, recommending solutions and action plans
7. Participate in performance management including progressive discipline when required.
8. Problem solving, continuous improvement, 5S, Lean manufacturing
9. Oversee production lines for any safety issues (i.e. Ergonomics, guarding etc.); respond promptly to any safety concerns. Review incident investigation report and drive continuous improvement.
10. Review and participate in JHSC meeting and sign H&S weekly reports, ensuring follow up and closure to outstanding items.
Ensure Line Supervisors complete all production and quality duties as follows :
1. Start shift 30 minutes prior to regular shift start to ensure all components and materials are on the line and ready for start-up.
2. Ensure all instructions are clear on assembly specifications. Ensure codes are on approval paperwork.
3. Resolve any issues or discrepancies regarding equipment, bulk and packaging material
4. Supervise production activities and report any concerns to Director of Operations regarding Safety, GMP, Cost, Quality, employee performance, scheduling issues, equipment issues.
5. Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process and identifying bottlenecks
6. Ensure Labour Tracker is complete with line personnel assigned to the correct work order.
7. Job completion duties such as documentation output counts, waste counts, assign line clean- up/GMP duties. Return completed documentation to Production Clerk
8. End of run summary – throughput, efficiency, activity, concerns, issues, successes.
9. Report and track daily production, recommend process improvements
10. Line hand-off duties and communication with the next shift.
11. Participate in development of line rates and identify requirement for rate reviews.
12. Assists maintaining a clean and orderly department and assists with maintaining all areas
1. Complete all pre-start paperwork and confirm all components and bulk are correct.
2. Regular quality checks to ensure the quality of work on the line at each control point is meeting standards, and enforce organization standards
3. Responsible for confirming all line paperwork is accurate and complete.
Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations – Victoria Location.
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field
- Leadership/People Management courses
- Min 10 years in of progressive manufacturing industry experience
- Min 5 years in a leadership/management role
- Strong understanding of production line layouts and general manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead people and processes
- Excellent organizational, planning and resource allocation skills.
- Knowledgeable on LEAN and Continuous improvement processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution/problem solving skills,
- High level of diplomacy, and tact
- Working knowledge of MS office and ERP applications
- Excellent Communication Skills – written and oral
- Demonstrate Process Improvement
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.