June 15, 2022
As a rapidly growing organization, we are seeking for a dynamic Purchasing Manager with a strong background in leadership, purchasing and negotiations in the CPG industry preferably personal care to lead a team of Buyers and improve and expand upon current processes.
General Description: This position leads the Purchasing/Procurement Team and oversees department activities to ensure materials and related supplies are purchased at the most economical cost and within the expected time frames to support the requirements of production and sales.
- Lead a team of Buyers to ensure a sustainable, cost effective supply chain for production
- Liaise with cross functional teams such as R&D, Production, Engineering and Customer Service to ensure supplies are available to meet production requirements on time
- Collaborate with Purchasing team to reduce costs while maintaining operational flow
- Support innovation and product development teams with projects as required
- Review cost/supply analyses with Management to forecast and propose ordering plans
- Monitor inventory levels and expenditures
- Initiate ongoing cost-cutting and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with Vendor
- Manage escalated Vendor performance issues
- Prepare and present regular reports as required by Management
- Develop strong product knowledge together with Purchasing team to better facilitate day-to-day procurement needs with vendors
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to team members. Drive a culture of creativity, innovation and continuous learning
- Ensure that all direct reports are familiar with, trained on, and follow all quality system procedures related to their job
- Develop and maintain a cohesive team facilitating continuous improvement
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficiency of team
- Completion of Post-secondary education
- PMAC or equivalent Designation preferred
- A minimum of 10 years in a purchasing/procurement leadership role within the CPG manufacturing industry
- 10+ years’ experience managing/leading a team
- Strong understanding of purchasing/procurement fundamentals and processes
- Excellent negotiation skills to effectively negotiate with terms/price with Suppliers
- Drive a solutions-oriented and entrepreneurial mindset within a team
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency to ensure deadlines are met
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Highly energetic and assertive with strong leadership skills
- Approachable with a positive attitude
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel)
- Excellent, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.