Quality Compliance Supervisor – Cosmetics/Personal Care Industry
January 4, 2021
The Compliance Supervisor is responsible to oversee and co-ordinate all the activities of Quality Control Compliance department personnel and projects. This includes prepare and control the compliance and release documentation; lead and support personnel including preparation of all work schedules. This position is responsible for any government applications, filings, licenses, and all other regulatory duties associated with document and product compliance to GMP regulations. Duties also include monitoring the NCR (Non-Conformance Report), temperature monitoring, and validation systems.
- Oversee and manage the Compliance and Release Chemists
- Apply for and registration new products for Customers from supplied Customer information, licenses, applications and other duties as required under
- Prepares the weekly regulatory work schedule on priority basis, or as directed.
- Reports weekly results and progress of Compliance and Release projects
- Co-ordinates the duties pertaining to normal operation of Compliance and Release Chemists.
- Supervises the Validation System(s).
- Reviews, maintains and assigns duties to ensure CSR has licenses and regulatory approvals for all areas of GMP and Government regulations.
- Ensures that products are sets up for required stability tests on new and existing products in concert with the Stability Coordinator and R & D.
- Liaises and communicates with other laboratory departments as required
- Ensures the timely dispatch of Customer Requests for information specific to the Compliance and Release regulatory environment; reviews status of requests and on completion of work and ensures the communication of information to Sales, Marketing, and internal teams where required.
- Ensures the maintenance of Compliance and Release Chemists files and databases.
- Resolves Compliance and Release Chemists issues and troubleshoots in problem situations.
- Ensures the proper preparation and execution of forms and information required for submission to Compliance Agencies.
- Meets and corresponds with Customer representatives.
- Liaises with other departments, Customers and suppliers ensuring communication and the resolution of any issues.
- Advises the Director of Technical Services and Process Improvement of all issues with outside agencies; follow up on the action required for resolution.
- Assists Sales Representatives with new Customer regulatory requests and presentations.
- Informs customers of government regulations and provides information including formula, specification, and other information as required for customer application for government approval where required.
- Oversees the preparation of the Self Inspection Program and supervises execution
- Conduct audits using the Health Canada Audit Form. Works with other Team members to record audit observations and distribute to appropriate personnel. Follow up/Assist in the execution of corrective actions based on observations. Participate in Government/Customer Audits and assist in the analysis of results and execution of corrective action activities.
- Ensures that the Plant temperature and mapping devices and system are being monitored and maintained. Assists with the purchase and installation of a temperature monitoring system
- Assists with the preparation and implementation of departmental operating budgets including Capital Expenditures and monitors progress through the year.
- Participates with the senior staff to review operations and develop goals and to establish short- and long-term goals with the regulatory staff.
- Other duties as required
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices, Company polices, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Health & Safety Standards
- 5+ years’ experience in regulatory work in the Drug OTC and cosmetic manufacturing industry
- 3+ years leadership experience overseeing a regulatory team
- Comprehensive knowledge of domestic and international government regulatory requirements and associated guidance as they relate to new and existing products
- University degree in Chemistry/Regulatory field
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.