Raw Materials Technologist/Sampler
May 5, 2022
The incumbent is responsible for the sampling of all raw materials and customer bulk product as required and maintains a properly labelled retain sample programme; monitoring the quality of raw materials through analytical testing and approval under the limited Supervision. The incumbent is also responsible for the maintenance of accurate workbooks (cosmetic/drug), and all other documentation pertaining to lab duties e.g. calibration, volumetric solution preparation/ standardization and KF water determinations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Incoming Raw Material Sampler Duties:
Follow SOP’s related to raw material sampling including but not limited to:
- Gathering, organizing and recording of receivers.
- Preparing containers for sampling and preparing hold labels.
- Checking and preparing for any hazardous materials to be sampled (WHMIS stickers) where applicable.
- Sampling all incoming and expired raw materials required by the appropriate departments, (analytical and microbiological).
- Keep retain samples in the raw material sampling area.
- Label all raw materials with the appropriate label during the whole process (identification white (hold), approve, reject, warning and sampled by).
- Distribute samples to appropriate departments and following up with Certificate of Analysis.
- Conduct re-sampling for micro and analytical when is required.
- Maintain MSDS files up to date.
Raw Material Analysis:
Follow all related SOP’s as required to raw material testing including but not limited to:
- Determines properties of raw materials by conducting a variety of qualitative and quantitative tests, using Refractometer, pH meter, Conductivity meter, Karl Fisher Titrator, Viscometer, Infrared Spectrophotometer, and U.V. Visible Spectrophotometer, following written procedures
- Completes all necessary calculations based on findings in duty #1
- Documents all findings and calculations in appropriate log books, certificates and data summary cards
- Maintains and updates raw material files including certificates, specifications, data summary records and safety data sheets to current compendia and/or supplier/or customer requirements
- Prepares laboratory solutions according to compendia or written procedures, recording all standardization in appropriate log books
- Conducts in house calibration and labelling of laboratory equipment as per written procedures
- Ensures raw materials are sampled and tested on time for production.
- Ensures all hazardous materials are labelled correctly
- Maintains equipment and reports all equipment failures and procedural difficulties the Analytical Supervisor
- Responsible for maintaining clean work area and for keeping adequate stock of reagents and glassware on hand
- Responsible for removing the chemical waste to the alcohol room
- Brings to attention of the Analytical Supervisor all results not meeting specifications and follows up on the action decided upon
- Complies with Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and safety standards and follows plant policies and procedures
- Minimum completed college diploma in a science related field
- Preferred BSC Chemistry degree
- 2 years in similar industry preferred
- Drivers license
- Forklift truck training (in house may be helpful not necessary).
- First Aid certificate (maybe helpful – not necessary)
- WHMIS training – introductory and site specific (in house)
- Keyboarding and filing.
- Write legibly, literate and possess organizational capability and capable of working under limited supervision
- Familiar with GMP and GLP
- Any other instructions/perform any other related duties as required by supervisor
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.