Shift Supervisor (12HR Weekend Dayshift)
September 7, 2021
Shift Supervisor position involves managing all shift personnel to ensure safety, quality and efficiency. Directs and co-ordinates daily activities and personnel involved in performing operations on all lines across designated departments; uses judgment in decisions that influence operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manpower scheduling and job allocation according to policy.
- Monitors work flow for safety and procedure compliance;
- Monitor the line for any safety issues (i.e. Ergonomics, guarding etc.);
- Responds to safety concerns. .
- Completes weekly safety inspections, participates in JHSC inspections
- Communicate job expectations to shift employees and enforce systems, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for job rotation every quarter.
- Resolves personnel concerns by, investigating and determining solutions
- Participates in performance management including progressive discipline when required.
- Starts 30 minutes prior to shift start to ensure the line is ready for start-up.
- Ensure the codes are on the approval paperwork/documentation on the line is accurate
- Resolve any issues or discrepancies regarding equipment, and supplies
- Supervise production activities and reports any concerns to Plant Manager regarding Safety, Quality, employee performance, scheduling issues, equipment issues.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process and identifying bottlenecks
- Coordinates replacement operator at workstation if required at any time.
- Job completion duties such as paperwork, counts, assign clean- up duties.
- Shift summary – , efficiency, activity, concerns, issues, successes.
- Report and track daily production, recommend process improvements
- Line hand-off duties and communication with the next shift
- Assists maintaining a clean and orderly department and assists with maintaining all areas
- Complete all pre-start paperwork and confirm all components and bulk are correct.
- Regular quality checks to ensure the quality of work on the line is meeting standards
- Responsible for confirming all line paperwork is accurate and complete.
- Post-Secondary Education Preferred
- Completion of supervisory or leadership courses preferred
- Working in department with experience and ability to function in each operator’s
- Knowledge of line layouts and general operations.
- Must have a working knowledge of order specifications
- Excellent Communication Skills – written and oral
- Leadership and Coaching Skills
- Demonstrate Process Improvement
- Previous Supervisory Experience required
- Computer knowledge
- Lifting 50lbs
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.