Team Lead – Production (12hr Wknd shift)
September 30, 2020
Friday – Sunday *7:00am to 7:00pm* Work 36 hours – Paid 40 hours!
We are currently seeking a Production Team Lead with manufacturing experience to support our growing weekend shift.
Provide leadership to Assembly personnel to ensure safety, quality and efficiency. Directs and co-ordinates daily activities and personnel involved in performing operations on assigned lines across designated departments; uses judgment within the framework of established policies and objectives in decisions that influence operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manpower scheduling and job allocation according to policy.
- Monitors work flow for safety and GMP procedure compliance; ensures all company and legislative policies and procedures are enforced.
- Monitor the line for any safety issues (i.e. Ergonomics, guarding etc.); respond promptly to any safety concerns. Complete incident investigation report.
- Completes weekly safety inspections, participates in JHSC inspections and signs reports
- Communicate job expectations to Assemblers and enforce systems, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for job rotation and reallocation a minimum of every quarter.
- Resolves personnel concerns by, investigating issues, analyzing data, recommending solutions and a subsequent action plan.
- Manage personnel inquiries, provides recommendations and participates in performance management including progressive discipline when required.
- Starts shift 30 minutes prior to regular shift start to ensure all components and materials are on the line and ready for start-up.
- Read back page of assembly specifications, ensure all instructions are clear. Ensure the codes are on the approval paperwork.
- Resolve any issues or discrepancies regarding equipment, bulk and packaging material
- Supervise production activities and reports any concerns to Plant Manager regarding Safety, GMP, Rate over Cost, Quality, employee performance, scheduling issues, equipment issues.
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process and identifying bottlenecks
- Ensure Labour Tracker is complete with line personnel assigned to the correct work order.
- Coordinates replacement operator at workstation if required at any time.
- Job completion duties such as paperwork, output counts, waste counts, assign line clean- up/GMP duties. Return complete paperwork to production clerk
- End of run summary – throughput, efficiency, activity, concerns, issues, successes.
- Report and track daily production, recommend process improvements
- Line hand-off duties and communication with the next shift.
- Participate in development of line rates and identify requirement for rate reviews.
- Assists maintaining a clean and orderly department and assists with maintaining all areas
- Complete all pre-start paperwork and confirm all components and bulk are correct.
- Regular quality checks to ensure the quality of work on the line at each control point is meeting standards, and enforce organization standards
- Responsible for confirming all line paperwork is accurate and complete.
- Other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
- Minimum Grade 12 Required
- Previous formal Health & Safety Training
- Knowledge of basic line layouts and general operations.
- Ability to understand of order specifications
- Excellent Communication Skills – written and oral
- Leadership and Coaching Skills
- Demonstrate Process Improvement
- Previous Supervisory Experience required
- Computer knowledge
- Able to lift 50lbs
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.